Paralowie stabbing: ID of alleged Dakota Woodford killer suppressed

The name and image of the man accused of allegedly stabbing 23-year-old Dakota Woodford to death in a suburban home has been suppressed as the police continue to piece together the details of the heinous alleged crime.

The Sheidow Park man appeared at Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday charged with the murder of Mr Woodford.

The police allege the man stabbed Mr Woodford at a Henry St address at Paralowie, in Adelaide’s outer north, just before 7am on Tuesday.

Mr Woodford suffered critical injuries in the alleged attack and paramedics took him to Royal Adelaide Hospital, where he died a short time later.

Police arrested the alleged assailant about 9.45am the same day.

Dramatic CCTV footage captured the arrest, with police officers approaching the man with their weapons drawn as he lies face down in the middle of a suburban street.

“Police are not looking for anyone else in association with this offence at this time,” SAPOL Northern District Superintendent Julie Thomas said on Tuesday morning.

There were other people at the home at the time of the alleged fracas, police said.

Superintendent Thomas also said one of the occupants of the address called emergency services.

With the investigation in its early stages, the police had earlier indicated they would seek a suppression order at the man’s first appearance at court to protect the integrity of their inquiries.

“Police investigations are at an early stage and are focused on identifying witnesses who may have seen the accused or suspicious activity at times relevant to the investigation,” the police stated on Tuesday evening.

“Police seek to undertake identity procedures with these potential witnesses.

“Police request a suppression order be granted so that publication of the accused’s identity or image will be prevented to limit the exposure of the accused’s image and name and not compromise identification processes and witness evidence.”

The suppression order was not opposed by the man’s defence counsel and Magistrate Ben Sale granted the request and ordered that it be reviewed March 18.

“I am satisfied that special circumstances exist to make a suppression order over the defendant’s name and anything that might identify him, including his image,” he said.

Mr Sale set a charge determination date for June 17.

Mr Woodford’s death follows the unrelated, brutal alleged daylight stabbing murder of real estate agent Julie Seed in the suburb of Plympton.

Police arrested Shaun Michaels Dunk, 30, at the scene following the alleged incident and he has since been charged with murder and attempted murder.

Police also allege Mr Dunk attacked Susan Scardajno, who suffered serious injuries.

Leave a Comment