King Charles spotted for first time since Prince Andrew was named 69 times in Epstein docs

King Charles has been spotted for the first time since further accusations were made of alleged sex abuse by Prince Andrew.

Charles attended a church service at Sandringham in Norfolk on Sunday morning and was seen arriving and leaving.

According to The Sun, in a sweet moment, the King briefly stopped to talk to a family who had brought with them a mini Land Rover to the church.

Simon and Georgina Ward waited at the rope line for the King with their sons William, 6, and Oliver, 3.

The toy motor had the number plate ‘W144IAM’, and the king stopped to inspect the dark green cruiser with the children sitting inside. The royal then chatted to the family.

The King wore a tan overcoat and silver tie and jacket and was attending St Mary Magdalene Church which is on the Royal Estate.

The visit marks the first time Charles has been seen since Prince Andrew was named 69 times in US court papers relating to late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The Prince, 63, had plunged the Royal Family into a fresh scandal amid detailed claims he took part in an “underage orgy” and groped a woman’s breast while she sat in his lap like “Santa”.

The dossier released in New York includes claims an underage girl was told to give Andrew “whatever he demanded” while on Epstein’s private Caribbean resort on Little St James — nicknamed “paedophile island”.

As a result of the allegations the Duke of York was stripped of his royal roles and banished from public duty by Queen Elizabeth as he paid out millions of pounds to sex abuse accuser Virginia Giuffre, 40, two years ago.

But Andrew has always maintained his innocence and has attempted to build bridges back into royal life.

The Sun reveals Charles took measures to cast out Andrew permanently in talks held before he came to the throne.

One courtier said: “Charles found it very difficult. It was the hardest decision, as it’s his brother and he cares for him.

“But he knew it was the right thing to do. Someone had to take out the trash.”

Insiders have also claimed Andrew will have to fund the multimillion pound security costs at the sprawling Royal Lodge himself if he wants to stay.

Last year it was alleged the Prince had been asked to leave, but was refusing to go.

The Sun on Sunday reports the King remains “resolute” that there is no way back for his brother. The Duke of York is currently residing at Windsor’s Royal Lodge.

– With The Sun

Read related topics:Prince Andrew

Leave a Comment