Beau Lamarre: Police probe if Baird, Davies bodies were moved after alleged double murder

Police are investigating a “gap in the timeline” in the alleged double murder of Sydney couple Jesse Baird and Luke Davies by a serving police officer, as the search continues for the couple’s bodies.

Specialist police divers and the Riot Squad were brought in on Monday to assist in the search of two dams at a remote rural property in Bungonia, in NSW’s Southern Tablelands region.

NSW Police Deputy Commissioner David Hudson said police were investigating whether Beau Lamarre-Condon, who has been charged with the alleged murders, had returned on Thursday having travelled to the property days after the deaths.

“We believe that it is possible the accused, in that gap in the timeline, has returned to that property and retrieved the bodies and disposed of them somewhere else,” Mr Hudson said.

“We are still working through that theory and we are obviously commencing and have undertaken significant inquiries in relation to that.

“I can indicate that the accused has not disclosed of where Jesse and Luke are …but it is our number one priority at this moment to try and locate Jesse and Luke to give the family some solace and be able to come to terms with what has occurred.“

Mr Hudson police were investigating the “gap” in the timeline of Mr Lamarre-Condon’s whereabouts, specifically from 11.30am on Thursday until 8.30pm that day, when he appeared at an acquaintance’s property in Newcastle.

Police allege the couple were killed by celebrity blogger turned accused killer cop Mr Lamarre-Condon inside Mr Baird’s Paddington home sometime between 12am and 5:30pm on Monday.

Mr Lamarre-Condon allegedly used a hired Toyota HiAce to transport and dispose of the couple’s bodies, which have not been located. He was due to return to work on Tuesday but called in sick and failed to show up to work the next day.

The officer’s pistol, which was allegedly fired inside Mr Baird’s Paddington terrace, was checked back into a suburban police station on Tuesday.

The 28-year-old appeared before Waverley Local Court on Friday afternoon and did not apply for bail.

His case was adjourned to April 23.

More to come.

Read related topics:Sydney

Leave a Comment